Monday, February 4, 2013

sestina


There is nothing better than a team

Working hard at cannon beach

Running up huge mountains

Playing beach and street soccer

Working out on the sandy beach during the nights

Making a life time full of memories

 

I still have some of the best memories

I could not have asked for a better team

The hard days lead to even harder nights

Being on a huge beach

Where we would play twenty four seven soccer

Surrounded by Rock Mountains

 

The biggest challenge was running the mountains

But the mountain runs are my best memories

My coach fueled my love for soccer

Even more because he showed us how to be a team

The water workouts at the beach

Made me wish the day would turn into the nights

 

I loved being able to see all the nights

Surrounded by the most amazing mountains

Camping on the beach

We would tell old memories

Nothing could break us we were a team

Those girls became my family through soccer

 

I would have never thought that I would have to miss soccer

Then there were the nights

Where we practiced with the team

And everything came crashing down like mountains

All of my hard work was now turned into memories

The beach was just the beach

 

Nothing could take away the beach

But torn ligament took away soccer

All I had left were memories

And crying nights

Full of angry mountains

That just missed my team

 

I loved the beach and hated the nights

I would cry for soccer but dread the mountains

Although they were full of memories I climbed them with my team

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this poem. I can definitely relate to all the hard work it takes to play a sport. I played volleyball for a couple of years and it seriously takes a lot of determination and passion. I sometimes would hate running back and forth on the gym floor but now that it is a memory, I really miss the sport and my teammates. It wasnt so bad when you knew that the hardwork was a team effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "deepest" of the repeated words is your use of "mountains." You really manage to get a lot of tone and feeling out of all the variations. Sometimes it is an obstacle. Other times it seems a reflection of your frustration. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete