Tuesday, January 29, 2013

rain


these drops are big gum drops.
they split and splat
for hours or  just minutes
they can damper a mood
or bring out beauitful colors
they are  free falling.
they dont like to be held back.
these rain drops are essential,
they fall where they were meant to fall
these drops are baby drops
these rain drops are big drops
i have felt the drops on my arms and on my brow
they pitter and patter
they have a purpose
and that purpose is to hydrate
to revive and revamp
rain drops are like a Sunday morning for me
in the fall in western Washington
I look out and I feel comfort
I am not mad at the rain because after rain
Comes a rainbow and a new day.

3 comments:

  1. Love the ending. I also enjoy the rain and rainbows that follow. If I understood more poet jargon I would attempt to give feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trista,
    I really enjoyed your ode. I have a love/hate relationship with rain and I think you brought both points of that to the table. I thought you did a geat job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting metaphor--I'm still thinking about how rain drops can be like gum drops :)

    ReplyDelete