Thursday, February 28, 2013

dialouge


Narrator (Peyton mutual friend):  Hallis and Nolan have been dating for a few months now and things seem to be going great especially due to their specific circumstance. You see Nolan is what we label and player and Hallis is more conservative and she is best friends with Nolan’s half-brother Logan. Nolan and Logan are not very friendly toward each other they are more of what I would label friendenimies and Logan and Hallis are arguing because Hallis just got a tattoo of Nolan’s jersey number symbolizing how she feels for Nolan.

--Hallis bend over to grab her phone that dropped—

Logan: Hallis what’s that?

Hallis: what’s what ?

Logan: that on your back.

Hallis: nothing, nothing is on my back.

Logan: Hallis I saw it. Did you get a tattoo

Hallis: (scared of Logan’s reaction) … maybe

Logan: turn around let me see it.

Hallis: ok, but Logan before you have to promise you won’t be too mad…

Logan: Oh my God Hallis what the hell.

Hallis: Logan don’t.

Logan: don’t what Hals,  I can’t believe he did this to you; it is just like him to get you branded with his jersey number. What a typical Nolan move. Couldn’t wait to rub something else in my face on how he is now moving on my best friend.                          

Hallis: no it’s not even like that Logan, Nolan doesn’t even know.

Logan: Hallis a tattoo, that permanent it’s not something that just rubs off.

Logan: This is the most stupidest thing you have ever done. It is like he is changing you to be one of all the other girls he has dated. Hallis this isn’t you

Hallis: I know but what I am feeling isn’t washable either.

Logan: what are you saying

Hallis: I’m saying that I love him.

Logan: so what if you break up what then

Hallis: then I look at this tattoo and know this is how I want to feel every day forever. I know that 20 years from now I will be able to look at this tattoo and know that this is what love feels like and that’s what matters to me.

Logan: … I just don’t want you to get hurt

Hallis : I know and I thank you but Nolan has changed, he is better and I don’t think he is the mean guy that you think he is  just give him another chance for me please

Logan : (pause)

Hallis: Logan…

Logan: ok but this is the only chance he gets.

1 comment:

  1. What's interesting, of course, is that a reader doesn't even need that first paragraph to pick up on the fact that the two have both dated this person. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete