Friday, May 3, 2013

Grandpa Willy



Son you know that picture of your grandpa Willy that you have been looking at a lot? Well I think that you are old enough now to know a little bit about him. I know that growing up without that special person is hard but I think that you should know that he is always going to be there watching over you and being you biggest fan, just like he was mine when I was playing ball. You see Grandpa Willy was a hardworking man but he didn’t really show affection very well. He was more into business more than anything and wanting to be a good provider for me and uncle Happy and Grandma Linda. He do anything he could to make sure that we had a roof over our head and food on the table. Your Grandpa was a proud man and although toward the end he needed more help than he liked to ask for he always really just wanted to show that he would was able to do whatever it took to be successful. Success was a big thing in your grandpa’s eyes he wanted everyone in the business to know that he was a hardworking man. I know sometimes you hear me talk about how mad I was at my father but that was just because his job began to take over his mind and he began to be this man that I did not recognize. You see son I was a mommas boy and I just wanted my dad to know that my mom was the best thing in his life.  And I wanted my dad to be proud of me even though at the time I didn’t do much that he would be proud of  but just know that I will always be proud of you and so will your grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. How interesting that you think he was a momma's boy! We don't get too much interaction between Linda and Biff in the play. When we do, it seems that Biff is out of sorts, or Linda is scolding him and telling him how to treat his dad!

    ReplyDelete