Friday, May 3, 2013

class review


My favorite poem I would have to say was the red wheelbarrow, why I liked this poem was I loved how just by the word on the page I felt like I was there looking out the window at the red wheel barrow. The words from this poem painted a picture my mind. The poem that I didn’t like very much was my papas waltz, why I think that this poem was my least favorite was because I feel like in this poem it was hard for me not to read too far into things. I like the things in life that are straight forward and clear.

I would have to say that my favorite short story was the happy endings. I love how this short story gave such realistic relationships that really take place in the world today. It was a fun read to me and made me laugh just a little bit. My least favorite story would have to be the lone ranger and tonto fistfight in heaven. For some reason this story was one that I was really not interested in reading. Making it harder for me to connect and continue reading it.

Yes I think that next semester’s students should read a death of a salesman I think toward the end the story got better making me want to see what happened but at first the story was a bit boring. I think that it was an interesting read.

Yes I think that by watching the films to these stories made a lot of things in the story a lot clearer. Especially for Bartleby that was a tough one for me to stay focused on the read.

My favorite in class activity was the test prep matching I think it was a great study tool. I really didn’t have a least favorite one.

I actually liked the structure of the class without small groups I think with the bigger group talks the class is able to get more opinions from classmates.

I think that the blogs were fun way to be creative on assignments. My favorite was the introduction I think that it was cool to get to know my classmates in that way. My least favorite blog post I think was the Billy Collins litany imitation I think that that was the hardest one for me to put together and think about.

2 comments:

  1. You had really good descriptions about what you like and what you didn't like. The choices you chose reminded me of poems and stories that I enjoyed or didn't enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trista: I'd have to agree with you that students seemed to be productive in small groups.

    ReplyDelete